Phoenix is at it again with a high quality S55 intake inspired by the BMS S55 intake. It retains everything that is good about the OEM intake including the cold air ducting and light weight heat shielding airbox bottom, but replaces the top end of the intake with higher flow ducting and quality inverted cone air filters to match.
During our dyno testing the BMS S55 Performance Intake performed the same or better than other S55 intakes tested posting gains of up to 10+ horsepower to the wheels at 25psi+ boost levels. Note the OEM S55 air intake flows very well from the factory so gains are mostly present at higher boost levels and higher RPM where airflow requirements are highest. In addition to freeing up some power turbo spool speed was improved, and there is an incredible sound improvement. You'll finally be able to hear your turbo spooling!
Installation is easy and fully reversible. Includes BMS proprietary high flow filters can be cleaned every 15-20k miles using a S&B cleaning kit and will last the life of the car. Our intake temperature testing found no significant difference from the factory intake during both sustained cruise and full throttle operation. Includes new ORINGS for the MAF sensors to ensure a clean fitment and seal.
Note the first batch is being offered heavily discounted due to the following blemishes:
1) Phoenix attached the passenger side location bracket at the wrong angle so we've removed the bracket all together. The filter sits snugly in the airbox securing the tube location well enough without the bracket.
2) Phoenix failed to expand the 3" passenger side pipe to 3.125" at the factory coupler so it's a bit loose requiring an extra couple of turns on the hose clamp to tighten it down. No performance effect.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Adds up to 10+ Horsepower
• Dramatic sound improvement
• Super fast install and removal
• Improves throttle response
• Retains OEM airbox base as a heat shield
• Retains OEM cold air ducting
• Looks great under the hood
• Cleanable and reusable filters
• 2018+ F87 M2 Competition (S55 engine)
• 2015+ F80 M3
• 2015+ F82, F83 M4, GTS