Finally you can see everything the dealer can!
Read & Reset your check engine, airbag and fault codes without costly dealer visits!
A true "game changing" product, the Bavarian Technic gives you the power of a GT1/OPS/INPA system for a fraction of the price. Functions include reading/deleting extended codes, check engine light reset, tuner detection codes, and airbag light reset/codes. Also performs high speed data logging of over 600 parameters including knock retard, adaptation values, O2 sensors, boost targets, etc.
Bavarian Technic cable works with Engine, Airbag, ABS, DSC, Fuel Pump, Transmission, OEM BMW Alarm, Central electronics, Heating & A/C, and all other vehicle modules.
Plugs directly into your factory OBDII diagnostic port under your dash on the drivers side.
The Bavarian Technic cable communicates with your car just like the factory diagnostic tool does and can access all of the systems in the car.
Our hardware solution consists of an adapter cable which has one end that plugs into the USB port of a laptop or desktop computer and another end that plugs into the OBDII diagnostic port of your car. Since our hardware supports USB it is compatible with most computers.
What does it do?
The tool accesses the electronic control units in your BMW to: Read and clear diagnostic fault codes
• Display shadow faults and soft faults
• Display and record real-time actual values
• Activate components of the car for troubleshooting
• Reset service reminders
• Reset condition-based service indicators
• Send special commands to control units
• Show ECU information
• Access the latest BMW DCAN systems for 2007+ models
How does it work?
Our product is a hardware and software tool that plugs into your Windows PC's USB port (check system requirements tab above). Once plugged into the OBD(( port of the car, the tool is capable of communicating with the different system control units in the car.
Can it really help me turn off my airbag light?
Yes! The tool can show you why it is on in the first place so you can correct the problem and turn the light off.
What cable should I get?
1. Basic cable allows access of 1 VIN
2. Enthusiast cable allows access of up to 3 VINs
3. Professional version allows scanning of an unlimited number of cars.
The Enthusiast and Professional cables come with cases. The Basic cable does not.
FAULT CODESFault Codes: Bavarian Technic can read-out fault code information by communicating with the control unit and requesting fault data programmatically. Responses from the control unit are interpreted by the software and displayed on the screen along with a corresponding description. The fault codes and descriptions are the same as those found in the factory tool and the codes can be referenced in the factory manual as needed.
Bavarian Technic can display several types of trouble codes: fault codes, shadow fault codes, and soft fault codes.
- Bavarian Technic can display and clear any of the above fault codes.*
- You can print a list of faults for later reference. Optionally, your workshop information and logo can be included in the printout.**
- Bavarian Technic shows the fault code and a description of the fault to help you troubleshoot the problem fast. This is different from many other tools that only show the code without a description.
- Bavarian Technic will also show additional repair information such as alternate fault codes and freeze frame data.*
Here is an example of fault codes displayed in Bavarian Technic:
ACTUAL VALUESActual Values: Bavarian Technic software will display actual values from supported control modules. Actual values are real-time data values received directly from the control unit, typically sampled when the car is running. You can use the actual values for troubleshooting or maintenance procedures.
- The Actual Values feature reads values direct from the control unit and displays them on the screen in real-time.
- Actual Values are also known as "Diagnostic Requests" in factory systems
- Values are displayed on a graph, digitally, or both.
- Multiple values can be selected for simultaneous display.
- Sampled values can be recorded in Excel* or CSV format for later reference.
- Input signals are now part of the actual values display.
- Input signals differ from actual values because they typically show Boolean values like "On/Off", "Open/Closed", and "Yes/No."
- Input signals display the status of switches and controls.
- The Activations tab found under the Actual Values option gives you the ability to activate supported components within the car while sampling actual values.
- The Options tab allows you to change the display, start and stop sampling, and save sampled values to a file.
Here is an example of the Actual Values screen:
ACTIVATIONSBavarian Technic supports the activation of components that are managed by control units in your car.
- Activations allow you to start supported components for troubleshooting purposes.
- Components range from instrument cluster indicators, to the engine injection valves, to the boot lid latch.
- Activations are used to test components for function and to check systems for proper operating ranges.
- Mouse-over any information or warning icons to view activation-specific pop-up messages.
Here is an example of the Activations screen in Bavarian Technic:
INSTRUCTIONSQuick Start Guide
WHAT CARS DOES THIS WORK ON?
- 1-Series 2004-2013
- 3-Series 1996-2013
- 5-Series 1996-2013
- 6-Series 2004-2013
- 7-Series 1994-2013
- X1 2009-2013
- X3 2004-2013
- X5 1999-2012
- X6 2008-2013
- Z3 1996-2002
- Z4 2002-2013
- Z8 2000-2003
- Mini R50 - R57
- E46 & E9x M models
The Bavarian Technic diagnostic tool for BMW is a hardware / software based tool. The kit includes the cable(s) necessary to connect your computer to your car. The software is downloaded over the internet directly from this web site.
The computer that runs Bavarian Technic must meet or exceed the following specifications:
- Windows XP, Vista, Win7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32- or 64-bit versions). MacOS not currently supported.
- 1.8 GHz Pentium-class, dual-core processor or faster (ARM processor such as on Windows Surface using WinRT not supported)
- 1 GB Memory (RAM)
- 1 GB available disk space
- Available USB port
- Internet connection and browser (for installation and updates)
- Screen resolution of 800x600 or greater
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 sp1. Not required on Win7. Must be enabled on Win8 and 8.1. .NET Framework version 4.x not supported.
- Recommend Adobe® Acrobat Reader (for viewing and printing documentation)